The Gym Limited maintains and enforces Membership Rules to make sure that using our gyms is as safe and enjoyable an experience as we can make it for all of our Members.
We may amend these rules from time to time, and have done so recently to reflect our new processes and procedures around our #SafeWithUs Commitment.
We're sorry for being direct, but we reserve the right to terminate your Membership immediately if you do not abide by these Membership Rules. We hope that you understand.
As a Member of The Gym you agree that you will:
- Follow the #SafeWithUs Commitment.
- Clean equipment with the sanitiser spray and paper towels provided when you have finished using it.
- Replace equipment back onto the racks after you have finished with it and after you have cleaned it.
- Use The Gym's queue system to enter the gym, and not push in front of anyone if there is a queue.
- Queue, enter and train alone so not to breach social distancing guidelines.
- Follow staff members’ instructions and directions, especially in relation to social distancing measures, and adhering to one-way system rules in place.
- Not train with any other members in a way that will not allow you to remain socially distant.
- Follow the gyms social distancing guidelines to keep apart from other members and staff whilst waiting to enter The Gym, and throughout your visit.
- Use the cleaning products, including hand sanitiser as provided.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water whilst in The Gym.
- Carry and use a sweat towel for personal use only and not to wipe equipment. Please use the dedicated cleaning stations for wiping down equipment after you have used it.
- If you are unwell, symptomatic or have tested positive for coronavirus, do not attend the gym. You must follow government regulation on isolating for a minimum period of time, and only return after this minimum period if you are feeling well again.
- Leave the premises before closing time (where the gym does not operate 24/7).
- Wear a face covering when entering & exiting The Gym, as well as when you are in the changing rooms and communal areas.
- Wear a face covering when spotting another member.
- Use your unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) every time you enter and exit The Gym.
- Keep your PIN and member log in details a secret and not share them with, or allow it to become known by anyone else.
- Not share your entrance pod with anyone else or allow access to any other person (we monitor PIN use and it's easy for us to spot when people do this).
- Complete your online induction if you are a wheelchair user or are under 18 years old.
- Strongly consider completing the online induction, particularly if you are a first-time gym user, before using the gym for the first time as you are then more likely to achieve your goals (you can find this in the members area online).
- Not take bags onto the gym floor.
- Not make or receive phone calls on the gym floor.
- Not take photographs or videos on the premises or post remarks or imagery to the internet that could identify another Member.
- Not drop or throw weights down on the floor anywhere in the gym.
- Not leave your belongings in a locker when you are not on the premises (we regularly remove items left in lockers by clipping the padlock and donate it to charity).
- Use a locker to store your belongings when you are exercising. Use of a padlock is strongly advised.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear when exercising (denim, bare feet, flip-flops, boots or a bare torso are amongst the range of clothing choices that is unsuitable). Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym at the discretion of the local management team.
- Use the gym facilities and equipment in a proper manner and not in a way that might cause harm to yourself or others (just ask a member of staff if you are unsure).
- Not engage in any exercise activity that may be potentially harmful to you or others (this includes contact sports such as martial arts and boxing unless this is with one of our Personal Trainers).
- Not use, block or interfere with fire, emergency or disabled access doors or alarms (except in a genuine emergency).
- Do not tamper with fire extinguishers.
- Not behave in an aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening manner or in a way that might cause distress to staff or Members.
- Keep your face as visible as possible when using the entrance pods (face coverings are acceptable as per the government guidelines for Covid-19) and on the gym floor (for example not wearing a helmet, baseball cap or hoody).
- Not conduct any Personal Training business with other Members.
- Come and go quietly so as not to disturb our neighbours.
- Not use the changing rooms from Midnight to 4am when they are locked but instead use the accessible toilet and shower facility (where the gym operates 24/7).
- Use any parking facilities provided in accordance with the rules that the parking provider posts and may change from time to time (if you get a parking ticket we are not liable).
- Not park your bicycle in an unsafe or in an inappropriate location. Where possible use the bike racks provided.
- Put your litter in the correct bin, let’s recycle where possible.
- Not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or make use of any other medical substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely on our premises. The Gym reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonably believes you are unfit to use the facilities.
- Not engage in any type of criminal behaviour whilst on our premises.
- Not sleep in our premises.
- Not cause damage to the premises, our or another Member's property.
- Not misuse the vending machines.
- Not force entry to locked doors.
- Not eat on the gym floor.